Managing Diversity In The Workplace : As Simple As Respect Video. This easy-to-follow program features a series of workplace vignettes that illustrate strategies for managing diversity in the workplace, challenges of diversity management , disrespectful behavior and how to correct it. Both employees and managers will be able to use the seven commonsense “Guidelines” to discuss issues of respect in a diverse workplace as it relates to their own experience and behavior. The “Guidelines” are further broken down into “Simple Steps,” which makes this an especially effective and user-friendly program. The vignettes include healthcare, manufacturing, retail, and office settings.
- Turn uncomfortable situations into learning opportunities
- Religious or cultural beliefs don’t justify disrespectful behavior toward coworkers
- Just because expressions or words are commonly used, doesn’t mean they are acceptable
- Be careful not to display or send potentially offensive materials on your computer
- Judging people’s abilities by their appearance can lead to discrimination
- Cultural or ethnic stereotypes are offensive
- Speak up against disrespect
Managing Diversity In The Workplace : As Simple As Respect Video Includes: DVD, OpeningLines: Understanding Respect meeting opener, Vignettes only version, Leader’s Guide, Reproducible Participants Materials, PowerPoint Presentation on CD-ROM, Self-Study Overview CD-ROM and 25 “Simple Steps” Reminder Cards.
Length: 24 minutes plus 4 minute meeting opener
Formats: Digital License, Streaming, DVD or USB.