OUCH! Your Silence Hurts
Many people say they want to speak up when they see others stereotyped, disrespected, or demeaned. But they stand by silently because of discomfort or the fear of saying the wrong thing. They may turn away thinking “who am I to get involved, this isn’t my business.” In fact, as a bystander, you ARE part of the conversation. You are the audience. Your silence allows the disrespectful behavior to continue. Your silence hurts.
Ouch! Your Silence Hurts challenges viewers by asking, “How will you personally respond next time you witness somebody being treated with disrespect? You have a choice: Passive Bystander or Pro-active Ally.” In a powerful and compelling way, this 9-minute video motivates bystanders to use their voice to speak up for respect on behalf of someone else.
“I have one word, FABULOUS!!! This video gives real, gut-wrenching examples of individuals and situations. Most important, it challenges people and gives them the idea that they have the ability to confront stereotypes by showing them how. Ouch! will be so helpful because most people want to do something but don’t know what or how.”
Anita Rowe, Ph.D.,
Partner Gardenswartz & Rowe
co-author, Emotional Intelligence for
Managing Results in a Diverse World
- Ouch! Your Silence Hurts (9 min.)
- Skill Builder stories from the video (3 min.)
- DVD includes English subtitles for the hearing impaired, and subtitles in Spanish, French, French-Canadian, German and Dutch.
DVD Extras, including:
- And you turn away (2 min.)
- Trailer – For internal promotion/marketing of the program (1 min.)
- CD with Leader’s Guide
- Handout for 30 min. Training session
- Handout for 60 min. Training session
- PowerPoint presentation
For more information or to order a video, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 682-1261 .