OUCH! That Stereotype Hurts Training
Communicating respectfully in a diverse world: finally, a video that shows the viewer exactly how to respond in moments of diversity-related tension! No blame, no guilt, no conflict – just practical, specific skills that can be immediately applied in the workplace. The Ouch That Stereotype Hurts training video and PDF is a must-have and a must-see for anyone seeking to create and sustain a respectful workplace.
– Sondra Thiederman, Ph.D.
Author, Making Diversity Work: Seven Steps for Defeating Bias in the Workplace
OUCH! is ideal for:
- Diversity & Inclusion
OUCH! Learning Objectives
- Understand the impact of stereotypes and biased statements, even when casually said
- Identify the most common reasons people sit silent in the face of bias and stereotypes
- Enhance skills for speaking up against stereotypes without blame or guilt
Why is OUCH! important?
Staying silent in the face of demeaning comments, stereotypes or bias allows these attitudes and behaviors to thrive. This undermines our ability to create an inclusive workplace where all employees are welcomed, treated with respect and able to do their best work.
Yet, most employees and leaders who want to speak up don’t know how. So, we say nothing.
The simple act of naming a bias as such or objecting to it on the spot establishes a social atmosphere that discourages it: saying nothing serves to condone it.
– Daniel Goleman, Emotional Intelligence
Package Includes Video and PDF:
- Formats: Digital License, Streaming, DVD or USB
- DVD includes Spanish and English subtitles
- DVD have Closed Captions
- Also available as streamed learning (more info here)
- OUCH! That Stereotype Hurts (12 min.)
- Speaking Up Activity (5 min.)
- OUCH! That Stereotype Hurts with vignettes (13 min.)
- CD-ROM with Leader’s Guide
- PowerPoint presentation
- 1 OUCH! book
- 10 OUCH! reminder cards (extras available)
- Digital License, Streaming, DVD or USB.
Special bundle price!
Purchase the Ouch That Stereotype Hurts training + Ouch! That Stereotype Hurts = $1,100,
instead of list price of $595 + $659 = $1,290—a 15% discount.
For more information or to order a video, e-mail email@example.com or call (800) 682-1261 .