Little Things Mean a Lot
From Micro-inequities to Micro-affirmations
with Brigid Moynahan
Question: What powerful, eroding force has the biggest impact on engagement, performance, and inclusion?
Answer: The little things, subliminal messages we don’t talk about but that profoundly affect performance and morale.
Question: What are Micro-inequities?
Answer: Small, subtle signals we send to other people through our words and behavior that cause them to feel discounted, excluded, or devalued.
Question: What are Micro-affirmations?
Answer: Small, subtle signals we send to other people through our words or behavior that cause them to feel encouraged, appreciated, valued, and supported.
The “little things” are behaviors we all use, intentionally and unintentionally. They can make our organizations highly productive or erode their power, innovation and productivity. Designed by a pioneer in the field of diversity and inclusion, Little Things Mean A Lot™ shows how the ways we value and devalue our colleagues impact our workplace and its effectiveness.
This program combines a compelling business case with practical strategies individuals, teams and leaders can use to counter micro-inequities while building high performance work environments.
- Recognize that the way we treat each other at work – the little things we do – has a big impact.
- Learn to respond effectively to negative messages (micro-inequities) that can undermine our success.
- Equip yourself with simple tools and strategies to make the workplace more inclusive.
- 22-minute DVD designed for flexible use
- Leader’s Guide: agendas for 3-hour and 1-hour workshops
- Detailed notes for facilitating intact and executive work teams
- Participant Handouts
- PowerPoint Presentations
- 10 Desk Reminder CardsProgram also available for intranet license or online streaming license.
For more information or to order a video, e-mail email@example.com or call (800) 682-1261 .