Building a Diverse Workforce - Program 6
What About Me?
Diversity's Impact on The Careers of Non-Management White Males
A couple of years ago, View Magazine called our series, Diversity: Creating Success for Business and People "one of the best products about diversity on the market." And customers agreed!
Now, we can offer you a follow-up series from the same company, ARMC. Building a Diverse Workforce for the Global Millennium is a 20-volume series that covers a huge variety of diversity issues.
Each program also presents critical business concepts like building trust and respect, performance appraisals, team building and leadership.
Program #6: "What About Me?: Diversity's Impact on The Careers of Non-Management White Males"
As organizations have built diverse global workforces, some employees perceive an environment of reverse discrimination. How do you cope with white male resentment over the hiring and promotion of a woman or a minority? This scenario explores this very complex issue. How do organizations make White males feel they are not discriminated against and still have a strong viable diversity strategy that capitalizes on diverse employees, customers and stakeholders?
Harry Andrews and Justine Gray
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Empathizing with the concerns of white, middle-aged men
- Minimizing white male backlash in response to diversity management initiatives
- Understanding the importance of regular communication and performance feedback
- Understanding the importance of career planning and development
- Improving mentoring skills
- Developing skills to lead diverse employees
- Understanding the position of white men in a changing workforce
- DVD (8 Minutes)
- Comprehensive Facilitator's Guide
This program is part of the Building a Diverse Workforce in the Global Millennium series. Discounted pricing is available on series purchase.
Copyright Date: 1999
- Dramatic Vignettes w/Instruction
- Hiring, Interviewing Skills, and Employee Retention
- Performance Appraisal
- Global Diversity Series
- Federal, State and Local Governments - 10%
- Federal Government (GSA) - 25%
- Non-profit - 10%
- K-12, University and Graduate Schools - 20%
For more information or to order a video, e-mail email@example.com or call (800) 682-1261 .