Building a Diverse Workforce - Program 3
Why Can't We Attract People of Color?
Recruiting and Retaining People of Color
A couple of years ago, View Magazine called our series, Diversity: Creating Success for Business and People "one of the best products about diversity on the market." And customers agreed! Now, we can offer you a follow-up series from the same company, ARMC. Building a Diverse Workforce for the Global Millennium is a 20-volume series that covers a huge variety of diversity issues.
Each program also presents critical business concepts like building trust and respect, performance appraisals, team building and leadership.
Program #3: "Why Can't We Attract and Keep People of Color?: Recruiting and Retaining People of Color"
Many times diversity issues and conflicts are presented as Black versus White. In this vignette however, you'll You'll explore differences in style, perceptions of racism and sexism. You'll also look at the extreme differences in perceptions between two internationally born Americans about the "difficulties" in recruiting and retaining people of color.
Carlos Mendez and Ada Gomez
Key Learning Points
- Understanding perceptions of racism and sexism
- Understanding why people of color and women are underrepresented
- Attracting and retaining diverse people
- Understanding Diversity Management vs. Affirmative Action
- Understanding cross-cultural clashes Developing skills to lead diverse employees
- DVD (10 Minutes)
- Comprehensive Facilitator's Guide
This program is part of the Building a Diverse Workforce in the Global Millennium series. Discounted pricing is available on series purchase.
Copyright Date: 1999
- Dramatic Vignettes w/Instruction
- Hiring, Interviewing Skills, and Employee Retention
- Performance Appraisal
- Global Diversity Series
- Federal, State and Local Governments - 10%
- Federal Government (GSA) - 25%
- Non-profit - 10%
- K-12, University and Graduate Schools - 20%
For more information or to order a video, e-mail email@example.com or call 413-253-7837 or 413-237-0971.