Building a Diverse Workforce - Program 1
Do We Speak the Same Language?
Should Language and Cultural Style Impact Performance Evaluations?
A couple of years ago, View Magazine called our series, Diversity: Creating Success for Business and People "one of the best products about diversity on the market." And customers agreed!
Now, we can offer you a follow-up series from the same company, ARMC.
Building a Diverse Workforce for the Global Millennium is a 20-volume series that covers a huge variety of diversity issues. Each program also presents critical business concepts like building trust and respect, performance appraisals, team building and leadership.
Program #1: "Do We Speak the Same Language? Should Language and Cultural Style Impact Performance Evaluations?"
In the new global workplace, language issues will become a factor in performance appraisals. In this scenario, you will see how a manager misunderstands an employee's language and cultural differences, which ultimately leads to a less than stellar performance evaluation.
Sue Fong and Peter Johnson
Key Learning Points
- Understanding the impact of language difference on team effectiveness
- Avoiding language and cultural bias in performance evaluations
- Learning how to fully utilize a diverse global workforce
- Developing skills to lead diverse employees
- Preventing stereotypes
- Giving effective performance appraisals
This program is part of the Building a Diverse Workforce in the Global Millennium series. Discounted pricing is available on series purchase.
- DVD (12 Minutes)
- Comprehensive Facilitator's Guide
- Dramatic Vignettes w/Instruction
- Hiring, Interviewing Skills, and Employee Retention
- Performance Appraisal
- Global Diversity Series
- Federal, State and Local Governments - 10%
- Federal Government (GSA) - 25%
- Non-profit - 10%
- K-12, University and Graduate Schools - 20%
For more information or to order a video, e-mail email@example.com or call 413-253-7837 or 413-237-0971.