Building a Diverse Workforce – Program 9
Old School vs. New School
How Much Change Is Too Much, Too Fast?
A couple of years ago, View Magazine called our series, Diversity: Creating Success for Business and People “one of the best products about diversity on the market.” And customers agreed!
Now, we can offer you a follow-up series from the same company, ARMC. Building a Diverse Workforce for the Global Millennium is a 20-volume series that covers a huge variety of diversity issues.
Each program also presents critical business concepts like building trust and respect, performance appraisals, team building and leadership.
Program #9: “Old School vs. New School: How Much Change Is Too Much, Too Fast?” (Non-Management Setting)
Often people fail to recognize that old and new approaches can cause tension and impact the degree of trust and respect which are key elements to high performing teams. These conflicts can occur especially in organizations where change is necessary and/or rapid.
In this scenario, you’ll explore these conflicts. You’ll have a valuable tool to discuss ways to manage change and overcome employee resistance. The program will allow your viewers to discuss these forces and come up with ideas for achieving balance between these two different approaches in a way that will benefit the organization.
Tyler Edwards and Barbara Maxwell
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Dealing with different approaches and styles
- Managing change
- Building Trust and Respect
- Managing traditional and new approaches to problems
- Including employees in decision-making processes
- Empathizing with the concerns of older/long-time employees
- Developing skills to lead diverse employees
- Preventing Stereotypes
- DVD (11 Minutes)
- Comprehensive Facilitator’s Guide
This program is part of the Building a Diverse Workforce in the Global Millennium series. Discounted pricing is available on series purchase.
- Dramatic Vignettes w/Instruction
- Change Management
- Teams and Team Building
- Global Diversity Series
- Federal, State and Local Governments – 10%
- Federal Government (GSA) – 25%
- Non-profit – 10%
- K-12, University and Graduate Schools – 20%
For more information or to order a video, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 682-1261 .