Building Teams in the Global Marketplace
Overcoming Cultural Conflicts in the European Community
Building a Diverse Workforce series: Program 20
A couple of years ago, View Magazine called our series, Diversity: Creating Success for Business and People “one of the best products about diversity on the market.” And customers agreed!
Now, we can offer you a follow-up series from the same company, ARMC. Building a Diverse Workforce for the Global Millennium is a 20-volume series that covers a huge variety of diversity issues.
Each program also presents critical business concepts like building trust and respect, performance appraisals, team building and leadership.
Program 20: “Building Teams in the Global Marketplace: Overcoming Cultural Conflicts in the European Community”
When teams are comprised of people from different cultures, the opportunity for misunderstanding arises. This scenario shows how different approaches between French, British, American and German cultures can cause communication problems.
When you are building hign performance teams across cultures, it is vital that each team member respects each other’s differences, as well as being willing to come to some common agreements on how they will cooperate. In this scenario, you will see how communication can break down and be misinterpreted among a cross-cultural team.
Pierre Ernie Weiss, Charles Hyde-Smith, and Warner Schmitt
Key Learning Points
- Understanding and appreciating differences in European cultures
- Building effective teams globally
- Understanding intercultural communication issues, including views of time, organizational structure, and decision-making processes
- Developing skills to lead diverse employees
- DVD (10 Minutes)
- Comprehensive Facilitator’s Guide
This program is part of the Building a Diverse Workforce in the Global Millennium series. Discounted pricing is available on series purchase.
- Dramatic Vignettes w/Instruction
- Respectful Workplace
- Teams and Team Building
- Global Diversity Series
- Federal, State and Local Governments – 10%
- Federal Government (GSA) – 25%
- Non-profit – 10%
- K-12, University and Graduate Schools – 20%
For more information or to order a video, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 682-1261 .