Building a Diverse Workforce – Program 12
The Balancing Act: Gender Issues and Career Development
A couple of years ago, View Magazine called our series, Diversity: Creating Success for Business and People “one of the best products about diversity on the market.” And customers agreed. Now, we can offer you a follow-up series from the same company, ARMC. Building a Diverse Workforce for the Global Millennium is a 20-volume series that covers a huge variety of diversity issues. Each program also presents critical business concepts like building trust and respect, performance appraisals, team building and leadership.
Program 11: “The Balancing Act: Gender Issues and Career Development … Work versus Family”
Balancing work and family is an issue more women have to cope with than men, and these issues can have a negative impact on women’s careers and advancement opportunities. This program will generate great discussion on gender issues and how to balance career and family. You’ll understand the subtleties that can exist in this complex issue, particularly as you look at the different values and styles that conflict in the workplace between women and men from different cultural backgrounds.
Paulette Ginn and Richard Brooks
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Balancing work and family
- Understanding the challenges faced by women and those with families
- Understanding subtle attitudes toward people with disabilities
- Awareness of subtle sexism and racism
- Developing retention strategies for women
- Understanding effective career planning and development
- Developing skills to lead diverse employeesPackage includes a comprehensive facilitator’s guide and series pricing is available.
- DVD (11 Minutes)
- Comprehensive Facilitator’s Guide
This program is part of the Building a Diverse Workforce in the Global Millennium series. Discounted pricing is available on series purchase.
- Dramatic Vignettes w/Instruction
- Management Skills
- Performance Appraisal
- Respectful Workplace
- Global Diversity Series
- Federal, State and Local Governments – 10%
- Federal Government (GSA) – 25%
- Non-profit – 10%
- K-12, University and Graduate Schools – 20%
For more information or to order a video, e-mail email@example.com or call (800) 682-1261 .